Monday, October 5, 2009

La Classe d'italiano

La lingua italiano e bella. One of the reasons why I decided to learn italian was because it is phonetically pleasing. I'm currently taking Italian level 5 and will end with level 7 at the end of the quarter. Tomorrow I'll also begin the culture class- Italian Civilization. My language instructor is one of the most helpful and humble people that I've ever met. She is from Palermo Sicily and found a job in Siena like many other Sicilians who move to the north for a better quality of living. Language class is from Monday's to Thursdays and are only 3 and a half hours long. We have a twenty minute break in which I sometimes choose to walk around in Siena. Other students go to a Bar to drink coffee or munch on pastries (by the way Italian Bars are coffee shops) I'm so grateful for having Enza as a teacher for the entire quarter. Apparently she has been popular in the past, with other EAP students. I found a facebook group dedicated to her : http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=enza+bologna&init=quick#/group.php?gid=7755146834.

Enza also has a blog for her students. She has posted a couple of class photos and videos. As part of our classwork we read the blog during class. You are welcome to check it out- http://fall09l5enza.blogspot.com/

We are a class of 13. It's the smallest class that I've ever been in as part of the University of California, hhmm actually the smallest sized class that I've ever had in my entire life. My peers are from UCD, UCSB, and UCSD. I don't know think that we would be as close if instead we would be in California. I guess that being away from home, missing burritos, and sharing experiences in Italy has made us more like a family. I really like it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment